JOB POSTINGS FOR MARCH 2021
Mental Health Clinician
This position is responsible for the delivery of direct and indirect treatment to individuals with emotional or mental health issues. May act as a liaison with community agencies to establish a support network and to provide community education.
Education and Experience
1. Possess a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or other mental health area.
2. Have a certificate of registration as a certified social worker from the Michigan Board of Examiners of Social Workers, have a license as a professional counselor from the State of Michigan Department of Consumer and Industry Services, or have a temporary limited license or limited license as a Psychologist from the Michigan Board of Examiners of Psychologists.
3. Posses a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
4. Be bilingual, read, write and speak Spanish fluently.
1. Screens clients with mental and/or emotional impairments to assess service needs,
2. Conducts clinical interviews and provides individual, group, conjoint or family therapy to carry out the treatment plans to attain individual goals,
3. Records the treatment plan, progress and other significant information regarding the client for agency case records.
4. Participates as a team member on a diagnostic team and at utilization review committee meetings for the purpose of developing joint clinical assessment of clients. Reviews case records of the agency for quality, appropriateness and progress of treatment plans,
5. May administer, score and interpret psychometric projective tests to aid in developing diagnoses and providing treatment services,
6. May perform case management functions and act as liaison with school and/or vocational personnel and other community agencies to refer clients, formulate and execute treatment plans, and provide educational and consultive services.
7. Provides, therapeutic counseling on a short-term basis and offers crisis intervention as needed. Evaluates the progress of individuals and family members on an ongoing basis.
8. Within the school program, assess students for needed clinical treatment, monitor school performance and refer them out to external psychiatrist if a need for medication may be indicated.
We are a minority staffed and minority serving organization. People of color and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. If interested, please send resume to Dr Sonia Acosta at firstname.lastname@example.org Excellent benefits package including 401K and tuition reimbursement.